Friday, May 3, 2013

You Are a Force of Change

Last night I received the news that one of my dear friends and gone to be Jesus. He had been in a coma for almost a week and as his sister said, he had "an army of prayers" behind him. I won't lie and pretend we were best friends. Truly, that was not the case at all. I hadn't seen him in years. As we got older, we lost fell out of touch, but somehow I always managed to hear updates about his life. I mean really, it's hard to completely forget about your first crush that bought you flowers... :)

Most recently, M had become a father to a sweet baby boy whose life will never be the same. And while my world isn't thrown upside down, it surely has been shaken.

With age, I've realized that regardless of the interaction, be it big or small, you have the chance to shape someone's life. One decision you make may take away or add to someone else's puzzle. Be it direct or indirect, you are a force of change.

So with that, be thoughtful. It's time each of us understands our ability to impact the lives of others. Your smile, kind words, anger, brashness or sweet glance might cause some sort of alteration or affirmation.

M, you always hold a very special place in my heart. Thank you for teaching me to smile a little bigger and love even harder...

No comments:

Post a Comment