Friday, December 23, 2011

Cookie Exchange

I finally have a few minutes to post about my cookie exchange! It was a only a few days ago and yet almost all of the cookies are gone- thanks to extra help from my dad and brothers.

So I can relive the fun & you can experience it for the first time, here are the photos!

All of our delicious cookies!
Creative wreath cookies!

She used pretzels in hers- delicious!

Look at this amazing Christmas sweater!

Ali pointed to a random recipe her mom's cook book & it was a big hit! And she couldn't find an ugly sweater- she opted for a cute one instead!


*This is my best friend, the one who just got engaged :)
She put Reese's in peanut butter cookies... my favorite cookie! I'm a peanut butter addict!

The little puff balls, as I called them! Allison packaged her cookies in the cutest snowman tins!


We almost made the same cookies! Cookies & cream cookies inspired by Pintrest!

Elle went above and beyond! 2 different treats- including smores bars!


Peanut butter & chocolate.... another one of my favorites!


My peanut butter Oreos- cookies & cream cookies!


I am so blessed to have such wonderful and supportive friends. We sat around the fire pit with peppermint schnapps hot cocoa and laughed non-stop. We even had a live performance from my twin brothers that play guitar and bass. We had a blast!

I must confess, I was a nervous host. I wanted to make sure everyone was happy and having a fun time. But then I realized that these are my closest friends and I don't have to impress them. We're all pretty low key so we didn't need games or movies to keep us engaged. Instead, we laughed about the past and even the future. Yes we did mock our technologically challenged parents who need written instructions to turn on the computer. Then we realized that's going to be us in the blink of an eye. But most importantly, my sorority sisters finally got the chance to meet my best friend since she goes to another university. I couldn't have been happier.

I can't wait to host the cookie exchange again next year. I've already got some new ideas up my sleeve- including edible name tags for the cookie settings- thanks to today's episode of The Talk. The little gathering helped remind me just how blessed I am and it also helped get me into the Christmas spirit... I feel like I had so much more to say about the exchange, but that's what I get for waiting so many days.

Have a happy Friday... WAIT, how is it already Friday?! XO



12 comments:

  1. YUM! They all look so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those peanut butter ones...I'm right there with you! and thats a fantastic idea. you all look like you had a wonderful time, and what a blessing that group looks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN idea! I want to do this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a success! I am baking tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum yum yum!!! they all look so good! That is such a great idea and would be so delish!

    xoxo merry christmas <3

    p.s. new follower of your blog! LOVE it =)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone looks so great! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am digging all of the Christmas sweaters! I am dying for some cookies now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog, I hope you are enjoying the holidays. Love the photos! Merry Christmas.

    Visit my blog when you get a chance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi this is Sarah from WIDLOVESP, just wanted to let you know my blog has moved to http://sweetboxeventsanddesign.blogspot.com/
    would love to have you follow me over there!

    Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love cookie exchanges!!!! I did one this year and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just did one with my nursing friends! so fun!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete