Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Throwback Post

Today I'm cheating a little bit, or rather recycling content from my old blog! But I promise, it's just as prevalent now as it was nearly a year ago. Enjoy!

A few weeks back I was at a leadership conference and had a mini epiphany. One of my roommates for the weekend, is a very happy and bubbly girl who is loved by many. I couldn’t help but notice that each day, when she got ready in front of the mirror she continued to smile at herself. After observing preparation habits few times in a row, I told her that it’s unique to see someone smiling at themselves. She responded by saying, “Well, I smile at everyone else when I see them so I figure I might as well smile at myself.”

Although her response was simple and honest, it made me think- if we give ourselves the respect and attention that we give others, we just might become a happier culture. Instead of ridiculing every “flaw” that we see when we look in the mirror, why don’t we give an endearing smile that gives ourselves confidence for the rest of the day?

Great idea, right?

I’m definitely going to give it a try and see if it gives me an inner peace and new-found self assurance.

Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. That's a really good point! I'll have to try it and see if it helps me get through the tough days at work =)

    ReplyDelete